While web browsing, several apps keep popping up with numerous ads in it. Some of them ask to sign up, making difficult to surf the web in peace. To get rid of it, Google Chrome has a solution for it which enables us to block the website and continue our web browsing without any interference. Chrome in its Web Store included an extension or app to block the websites. Chrome offered the app to the users to download and add in chrome extensions so that the users could block the annoying websites. Block Site is capable of blocking pages and websites; apparently, it is an ideal tool for parental control.
Let’s check the steps to use Block Site on Desktop
- Download the “Block Site” extension form Google Chrome web store.
- Select it from the extension and click “add to chrome.”
- In the dialogue box, click “Add extension.” Check if a new extension is added in your chrome.
- Now go to the website you wanted to block.
- Click the Block Site extension from the top right corner of the bar in Chrome Web Browser.
- You can remove the website later from the blocked list. Click the extension and go to “Edit block sites list.”
- Click on “Enter a web address” text bar and type the web address of the website to block it.
- Now click the ‘+’ sign to put the website into the blocked list.
- In the extension, click “settings” and check “Require a password to access Block Site menu.”
- Select “Enable password access to blocked pages” to password allows the access.
- Type a five digits password and click “Set Password.”
- Now as you did have set your password, you will need it in future to access the website. So don’t forget the password.
- If you don’t remember the password, remove the Block Site extension from your chrome browser.
- To fix the problem, refer Chrome Incognito mode.
- Go to settings and click on More Tools.
- Click Extensions and select Details below “Block Site.”
- Click “allow in incognito” and switch on the toggle button.