“This site can’t be reached is an error which is related to the internet provider, the specific website or hardware issue that has any faulty component or needs any replacement or might be any essential repair.
However, if the issue is related to the internet provider, then the website you try to access cannot be opened until you fix the problem. Though, certain settings on your computer system can also be a reason behind the error “this site can’t be reached.” Sometimes, if your website loads on the particular browser, but some others are affected, then it might be caused because of some other reasons.
Mostly, users are reporting this issue on Google Chrome. Probably the problem with this browser is that the DNS lookup failed, so the website is not available. This site can’t be reached. The error also shows a message that says; ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED and many others. There might be some other reason for this error on Firefox and some other web browsers, but we provide you with a few simple methods which should work on each web browser separately and the system.
Always keep in your mind that you should take any preventive measures and keep your device clean and free from malware and viruses. We suggest you prevent your computer system to install any anti-malware program.
Steps to Fix “this site can’t be reached” Error
As we already discussed in this post that there are multiples of different reasons which could cause this web browser error, and sometimes it differs from browser to browser. Luckily, you can avoid these types of errors by often updating software’s and programs. We advise you to follow the below-given steps in an exact sequence to avoid damages and errors. Here how to fix it:
Method-1: Change your DNS Server to Google’s
- Hit Windows + R keys together to launch “Run” box.
- Type “services.msc” and hit “Enter” key.
- Press the “DNS Client” tab.
- After that, restart your
Now, check if this process works with the website. If not, then try the next method.
Method-2: Updating Network Adapter Driver
- Firstly, find out the “Device Manager” option.
- Otherwise, hit Windows + R keys at the same time to open “Run” box.
- After that, type “devmgmt.msc” in the search box and press Enter.
- Now, expand “Network Adapter” section.
- Next, right-click on the network adapter that you wish to uninstall and hit the Uninstall tab.
- Then, hit the “OK” key.
- After installation finished, restart your computer system.
- From the website of the manufacturer, click to download the latest Network Adapter.
- When the installation is completed, again restart your computer.
- Again, search for the Device Manager and choose Network Adapter section.
- Now, Select the “Properties” tab.
- Go to the “Power Management” option.
- Lastly, uncheck the “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power” option.